Gamble & Gunn British Made Straw Boater with Stripe Grosgrain Ribbon
We wanted to create a top quality British Made Straw Boater, the best that money can buy, and here it is; A truly stylish way to keep cool this summer!
For this very special British made hat we have commissioned one of Britain’s oldest firms Toye Kenning & Spencer to create our custom ribbon trim. Still run by the Toye family, the firm has grown and diversified since its foundation in 1685 however its original values are unchanged- superb craft skills, quality and service. The company holds a royal warrant from her Majesty the Queen as supplier of gold & silver laces, insignia and embroidery and was commissioned to manufacture the medal presented to serving personnel in celebration of the Queens Diamond Jubilee.
- Crown Height is 7.5cm or 3 inch
- Brim Width is 6cm or 2 1/4 inch
- Made of 2 ply Coburg straw
- Grosgrain Ribbon by Toye kenning & Spencer
- Ribbon Colours are dark navy with a stripe contrast of sky blue & sunshine yellow
- Real leather sweatband with gold embossing
- Fully lined in white satin and mesh
As boaters have a shallow crown, they are worn high on the head. Therefore, it is usual to select a boater hat size at least one size smaller than you would usually wear.